Subject: Re: mingw cross compilation

Re: mingw cross compilation

From: Peter Stuge <peter_at_stuge.se>
Date: Fri, 18 Jun 2010 11:15:38 +0200

Simon Josefsson wrote:
> Thanks. I'm not sure what the problem is, which Mingw version is this?
>
> There is a libtool error message in there that it cannot find a shared
> version of the OpenSSL library,

Since the example is being built non-static, that would certainly
cause a problem. I'm also not quite sure why the errors are about
libssh2 import library symbols though - unless dynamic libssh2 is
simply not built, if dynamic libssl can't be found.

> possibly if you install a shared libssl+libcrypto it will work, but
> I'm not certain.

I also think that will solve the problem.

> I wonder why it is that mingw builds just work for me, and rarely
> does for anyone else.

Works fine for me.

> Maybe because I avoid OpenSSL. :-)

Well, OpenSSL isn't using autotools, so it may be a little bit
unusual.

//Peter