Subject: Re: bad transfer speeds

Re: bad transfer speeds

From: Clifton Gonsalves <clifton.gonsalves_at_gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 7 Sep 2011 14:22:05 -0700

Apologies... I posted this in "ANNOUNCE" because it was related to
the new build.

Below are the answers.
>>>Exactly how did you send / receive the files? (preferably you show us a full
source code that we can try/review)
I use the exact source code of 1.3.0 and used the examples provided
for sftp get and sftp put

>>> What operating system(s) are you running libssh2 on where you see this?
Linux btcentos53x64 2.6.18-194.8.1 x86_64 x86_64 x86_64 GNU/Linux

>>> How far (RTT wise) is the server you're talking to?
The client and ssh server(openssh) are on the same machine and I am
using loop back ip (127.0.0.1)

>>> Have you tried against different servers or on different client operating
systems?
No. I Will try that too and see how it goes.
Just wanted to see if anyone else encountered this situation or it was
just my settings.

bad transfer speeds (was Re: ANNOUNCE: libssh2 1.3.0)

From: Daniel Stenberg <daniel_at_haxx.se>
Date: Wed, 7 Sep 2011 22:59:46 +0200 (CEST)

On Wed, 7 Sep 2011, Clifton Gonsalves wrote:

Please don't top-post and please use a sensible subject for mails.

> I upgrade my version from 1.2.6 to 1.3.0 and the speed / performance of the
> new build was tremoundously slow when receiving files.
>
> For my test cases, I Send / received 1000 files (1 byte each) To/from our
> SSH server. I ran each test cases 5 times using new and old builds

Can you please be a lot more specific?

Exactly how did you send / receive the files? (preferably you show us a full
source code that we can try/review) What operating system(s) are you running
libssh2 on where you see this? How far (RTT wise) is the server you're talking
to? Have you tried against different servers or on different client operating
systems?