Subject: bad transfer speeds (was Re: ANNOUNCE: libssh2 1.3.0)

bad transfer speeds (was Re: ANNOUNCE: libssh2 1.3.0)

From: Daniel Stenberg <daniel_at_haxx.se>
Date: Wed, 7 Sep 2011 22:59:46 +0200 (CEST)

On Wed, 7 Sep 2011, Clifton Gonsalves wrote:

Please don't top-post and please use a sensible subject for mails.

> I upgrade my version from 1.2.6 to 1.3.0 and the speed / performance of the
> new build was tremoundously slow when receiving files.
>
> For my test cases, I Send / received 1000 files (1 byte each) To/from our
> SSH server. I ran each test cases 5 times using new and old builds

Can you please be a lot more specific?

Exactly how did you send / receive the files? (preferably you show us a full
source code that we can try/review) What operating system(s) are you running
libssh2 on where you see this? How far (RTT wise) is the server you're talking
to? Have you tried against different servers or on different client operating
systems?

--
  / daniel.haxx.se