Subject: Re: intermittent channel read problems

Re: intermittent channel read problems

From: Jeremy Knope <jerome_at_ambrosiasw.com>
Date: Wed, 15 Apr 2009 12:07:48 -0400

Well interesting, I finally boiled down the code to a simple C program
and also tested it again Solaris & Ubuntu. I've only seen it randomly
fail when connecting to a OS X machine. I've tested against both OS X
10.5 and OS X Server 10.4. So there's definitely something fishy when
connecting to OS X machine it seems, but other software doesn't seem
to have a problem.

You guys have any thoughts how to further investigate what might be
going on? I've attached the program I made to test this. When
connecting to an OS X machine, it'll sometimes fail to get data from a
command. The program runs a series of commands and if one of the
commands that should have data doesn't it spits out an extra caps
message saying it got 0 bytes when it shouldn't have. This sometimes
takes a couple runs before happening. It also occasionally will lock
on reading.

Hopefully can figure this out, thanks again. Hopefully the C isn't
too messy, haven't done much pure C in a while :)

--
Jeremy Knope / Software Developer / Ambrosia Software, Inc. -- http://www.AmbrosiaSW.com/