Subject: Re: libssh2_sftp_init() hangs with zlib compression turned on

Re: libssh2_sftp_init() hangs with zlib compression turned on

From: Peter Stuge <peter_at_stuge.se>
Date: Tue, 14 Jan 2020 13:01:59 +0000

Gebi Miguel wrote:
> As a result, the header file libssh2_config.h is different,

Wow - good find!

> With zlib enabled this same section in libssh2_config.h changes to:
..
> #define HAVE_DISABLED_NONBLOCKING
>
> Otherwise the files are identical. Could that be why I'm getting stuck
> in recv()?

Yes, that's quite possible.

IIRC libssh2 expects to be able to use nonblocking IO internally, if
that's not available then things may stop unexpectedly.

I don't like to use cmake, the people who have contributed that
support would have to help you fix this, it seems like a bug to me.

I've written part of the autotools/configure in libssh2 and am happy
to help you with that if it has the same issue (which I doubt) but to
get binaries for Windows that would require either a small bash
environment like MSYS or cross-compilation, both probably using gcc.

Another option still may be to hand-write an Nmakefile, libssh2 is a
fairly straightforward library.

But it may also be sufficient to copy the non-blocking section of
libssh2_priv.h from the non-zlib case into the file when configured
with zlib.

//Peter