Subject: Re: Time to pull together 1.9?

Re: Time to pull together 1.9?

From: Daniel Stenberg <daniel_at_haxx.se>
Date: Tue, 9 Oct 2018 10:02:51 +0200 (CEST)

On Mon, 8 Oct 2018, Peter Stuge wrote:

> I can look at getting axTLS crypto support in, but last time I looked the
> libssh2 repo had some changes for the worse. :\ I'll look again in the next
> days, probably day after tomorrow.

Just a FYI: in the curl project we're dropping axTLS support (and will soon
remove that code) for TLS because of several reasons[1]. We no longer consider
it a good idea to recommend our users to build code with this library since we
doubt its quality and its ability/desire to fix those issues.

Now, SSH has different needs than TLS so the situation isn't exactly
identical, but I would advice caution to anyone building anything that uses
axTLS today.

[1] = https://curl.haxx.se/dev/deprecate.html

--
  / daniel.haxx.se