Subject: Re: Valgrind reports unitialized data in 'scp_write_nonblock' example

Re: Valgrind reports unitialized data in 'scp_write_nonblock' example

From: Daniel Stenberg <daniel_at_haxx.se>
Date: Wed, 6 Sep 2017 10:54:17 +0200 (CEST)

On Wed, 6 Sep 2017, Jarkko Palviainen via libssh2-devel wrote:

> Can you comment whether this is a bug in the example, in libssh2 1.4.3 or
> false positive report? Please, note that Debian 8 as well as RHEL/Centos 7
> ship a (security) patched 1.4.3 libssh2.

libssh2 1.4.3 was released almost 5 years ago and we've fixed NUMEROUS bugs
since.

I don't know about this specific error, but I've seen several other valgrind
errors in older versions that are already fixed in the current version, so I
would ask you to at least first test with a modern libssh2 version first
before spending a lot of time on hunting down problems.

--
  / daniel.haxx.se