Subject: time to release another libssh2 version!

time to release another libssh2 version!

From: Daniel Stenberg <daniel_at_haxx.se>
Date: Fri, 23 Sep 2016 23:48:51 +0200 (CEST)

Hi friends,

I think it is about time we ship another release. The OpenSSL 1.1.0 support
being a major reason I think.

So, please bring up your issues that we should squeeze in before we release.

We have a whole bunch of issues and pull-requests we could use more eyes and
hands on to deal with. Maybe we could take care of some of them before next
release?

The mbedTLS backend for example maybe?
https://github.com/libssh2/libssh2/pull/106

Any suggestion on how long time we should set for ourselves to prepare until
we ship? I would like to propose that we aim for doing the release on Tuesday
October 11. And this means that if there's anything larger anyone wants to
merge, it needs to be done ASAP so that we have at least a week with no large
changes before we ship.

Feel free to object, agree or suggest something different!

--
  / daniel.haxx.se