Subject: Re: libssh2_sftp_init() hangs and does not return while consuming 100% CPU

Re: libssh2_sftp_init() hangs and does not return while consuming 100% CPU

From: Ismail Aseen <ismaildeh_at_yahoo.com>
Date: Mon, 4 Apr 2016 19:28:39 +0000 (UTC)

Hi Peter,
My application is a multi threaded one with three threads, I did not implement any special call backs for thread safety.  But I made sure the LIBSSH2_SESSIONs are not shared between the threads, and also the libssh2_init is called in sequential manner for all threads (once before separation of thread life, i.e. in the main thread). I did not use the function call libssh2_exit assuming my program is long running process. From my logs I did not notice any activity from my other two threads around this time. Is this insufficient to work well in my case?. Please let me know if I have done some thing seriously wrong
Thanks & Regards,Ismail Aseen

    On Monday, 4 April 2016, 15:41, Peter Stuge <peter_at_stuge.se> wrote:

 Ismail Aseen wrote:
> My original problem was one of my thread consuming 100% CPU while
> initiating a file transfer using libssh2.

Do you have a session mutex? libssh2 is not thread safe.

//Peter