Subject: Re: ping for release

Re: ping for release

From: Daniel Stenberg <daniel_at_haxx.se>
Date: Tue, 12 Jan 2016 23:41:29 +0100 (CET)

On Tue, 12 Jan 2016, Alexander Lamaison wrote:

> What about preemptively reverting those commits, making a release, then
> immediately re-applying the commits to master. It's seems a shame to delay
> other useful improvements.

So you're that sure just reverting them will fix the SFTP problems as of late?
If so, then reverting them now seems fine.

I'm not convinced putting them back as-is makes much sense though if they're
introducing these problems. Faster performance isn't that fun when it comes at
the priace of broken functionality.

I was wishing that someone who experienced the SFTP problems would try to
revert those two commits and verify that the problems go away and tell us
about this fact on the list.

--
  / daniel.haxx.se