Subject: Re: Building libssh2 in Windows using CMAKE

Re: Building libssh2 in Windows using CMAKE

From: Alexander Lamaison <swish_at_lammy.co.uk>
Date: Tue, 5 Jan 2016 09:26:25 +0000

On Tue, 5 Jan 2016 08:33 Mark Anthony Santos <MarkAnthony.Santos_at_infor.com>
wrote:

> Hi Alex,
>

> Thanks for quick response.
>

> I already did that. I ran CMake in the parent directory of ‘src’ which is
> the libssh2 itself but I’m still seeing the same problem.
>

> Here’s my terminal.
>

> Where :
>

> C:\libssh2-master - is where I saved my downloaded libssh2 from
> github
>
> C:\libssh2-master\src - is the location of the source code

> C:\libssh2-master>cmake C:\libssh2-master\src
>
> -- Building for: Visual Studio 10 2010

I'm not sure exactly what's going wrong (it looks like the CMake files are
missing) so I'll try to guide you through step by step. Firstly, you are
trying to do an in-source build. While I doubt that's the source of the
problem, it's not a good idea.

So please check out a fresh copy of libssh2 into a directory, let's say
libssh2a.

cd libssh2a
dir

Confirm that you see a 'CMakeLists.txt' file, directories 'src' and
'include' and also a 'cmake' directory. Now you need to make a target
directory and configure the project in it:

mkdir build
cd build
cmake ..

Note the dot-dot at the end of the cmake command telling it to use the
source from the parent directory. It will put all its outputs in the
libssh2a\build directory, leaving your source tree untouched.

Alex