Subject: Removing non-CMake windows support (was Re: problems building under Windows)

Removing non-CMake windows support (was Re: problems building under Windows)

From: Alexander Lamaison <swish_at_lammy.co.uk>
Date: Sun, 20 Dec 2015 21:26:28 +0000

I would like people's opinions on deleting the non-CMake windows support
files.

We regularly get questions from people who see the windows projects in the
source and (quite reasonably) assume they are the place to go to build
libssh2 on Windows. But, as we know, they don't work very well. That's why
we added CMake build support.

I propose that now is the right time to remove the old non-CMake files for
windows support to give us one well-supported method. I believe the CMake
build has worked well over the last year, and that it replaces all parts of
the legacy windows support, but I'm interested to hear dissenting views.

Alex