Subject: Re: Download libssh2 source via HTTPS?

Re: Download libssh2 source via HTTPS?

From: Peter Stuge <peter_at_stuge.se>
Date: Sun, 8 Mar 2015 18:52:43 +0100

Will Cosgrove wrote:
> We (speaking for Panic) would also love to see the project moved to
> a better source control system.

The project is already using Git, so Github is no different there.

> Github lowers the bar for contributors and encourages easy patch
> submissions. We have numerous patches we’d like to commit back,
> but frankly don’t have the time to create diffs for everything.

Sorry - this is very confusing. You have patches but not diffs? To me
those two words refer to essentially the same thing.

We'd love to see your contributions, but whether via Github or email
or USB stick when meeting in person you will at a minimum need a
branch in a local repository with your proposed changes, and go from
there. You'll need to write meaningful commit mesages and have one
commit per logical change.

Whether you then push that branch to Github (git push) or send your
changes to the mailing list (git send-email) shouldn't make much of
a difference?

Confused

//Peter