Subject: Using libSSH2 in fiber-based parallel system

Using libSSH2 in fiber-based parallel system

From: Martin Drašar <drasar_at_ics.muni.cz>
Date: Mon, 13 Oct 2014 12:55:11 +0200

Hi,

I have a program that uses fibers as a mean for parallelism and would
like to use libssh2 in it. However, some of these functions seem more
apt for thread-based parallelism. I have in mind functions using e.g.
the BLOCK_ADJUST macros.

So I just want to ask you, if the following approach I want to use is
the correct one. Instead of calling libssh2_session_handshake I have
this cycle that is basically BLOCK_ADJUST sans keepalive:

while (socket not read or written to)
{
  session_startup(session, socket);
  yield(); // Pass execution to another fiber
}

I ask, because the session_startup function is not exported into public API.

Thanks.
Martin