Subject: Re: Allow authentication to be passed in memory - blast from the past

Re: Allow authentication to be passed in memory - blast from the past

From: Daniel Stenberg <daniel_at_haxx.se>
Date: Tue, 16 Sep 2014 12:30:36 +0200 (CEST)

On Mon, 15 Sep 2014, Peter Stuge wrote:

> You make OpenSSL calls and only add the functionality to the openssl.c file
> so your patch can not work with anything but OpenSSL, and I for one want
> that addressed before I consider the patch ready for inclusion.

I have a slightly less rigid attitude: as long as there's a good story about
the alternative backends, that they don't break the build and the limitation
is documented, then I'm fine with an implementation that "heads further" with
one of the backends than the other(s). If not, we'll get a situation where the
multitude of backends will hamper innovation as users will just not do things.

--
  / daniel.haxx.se