Subject: Re: FIPS Compliance.

Re: FIPS Compliance.

From: Peter Stuge <peter_at_stuge.se>
Date: Fri, 25 Jul 2014 12:08:32 +0200

john gloster wrote:
> I wanted to know whether libssh2 1.4.2/1.4.3 are compatible with FIPS
> compliant OpenSSL version *openssl-1.0.0-20* ?
>
> I compiled libssh2 1.4.3 with this particular version of openssl and i
> could see that my application linking to this libssh crashes.

Did you link libssh2 into a static or dynamic library?

Did you link also your application with OpenSSL or not?

If you link OpenSSL in your application (either because you use
dynamic libssh2 or because you use OpenSSL directly) then you must
make sure to link with the correct library files.

If you try to mix them (link libssh2 with FIPS OpenSSL, but link your
application with system OpenSSL) then you will have crashes indeed.

//Peter