Subject: Re: bad username/password auth to Mac OS X/FreeBSD hosts.

Re: bad username/password auth to Mac OS X/FreeBSD hosts.

From: B Harder <brad.harder_at_gmail.com>
Date: Thu, 29 May 2014 09:39:19 -0700

Hey Mikhail -- thanks for the response.

I can use canonical ssh (OpenSSH) to authenticate and successfully
connect to the hosts in question. I'm certainly _not_ beyond finding
out the problem is with my code -- but I'm pretty curious how I can
successfully (repeatedly) connect to some "class" of hosts, but not
others.

I'll see if I can tailor the sftp example to demonstrate my issue.

Otherwise, I take it there are no known issues regarding FreeBSD/Mac
OS X? (I wouldn't be surprised if their code/network stack is very
closely related -- I've been experiencing my OS X problem for weeks
now, and occasionally poking at the code to find a pain point -- when
I experienced same issue with FreeBSD, I decided to post here for
other people's experiences).

-bch