Subject: Re: Suggested patches for WinCNG

Re: Suggested patches for WinCNG

From: Marc Hoersken <info_at_marc-hoersken.de>
Date: Thu, 20 Mar 2014 23:03:16 +0100

Am 20.03.2014 19:29, schrieb Bob Kast:
>>> Libssh2_priv.h:
>>>
>>> Redundant #define inline
> Just above it is the exact same define, enclosed in #ifdef WIN32. I thought any Win compiler would define that. In any case, not important.

Ah, now I see why you removed the second #define. Thanks for the
clarification. Yes, WIN32 is defined by common Windows compilers like
MinGW and VS.

>>> Wincng.c:
>>>
>>> Putting the #pragma for the libraries works for both DLL and LIB versions.
> It is really preferable to do it here instead of the project file. For the LIB build, there is no linker so there is no place in the project file to put it. You'd need to add these libs to all OTHER projects that may include this library.

As far as I can tell this is how it is usally done on Unix projects. But
I think you can still use AdditionalDependencies to make the libssh2.lib
include copies of bcrypt.lib and wincrypt.lib, basically a "rolled-up"
static library that is not "linked" against its dependencies, but just
includes them like an executable binary would.

> I can certainly add beef up the #if so it only includes VS.

This could be an alternative solution, yes.