Subject: Re: Suggested patches for WinCNG

Re: Suggested patches for WinCNG

From: Alexander Lamaison <swish_at_lammy.co.uk>
Date: Thu, 20 Mar 2014 19:31:36 +0000

On 20 March 2014 18:29, Bob Kast <bob_2824_at_hotmail.com> wrote:

>> I think we should rather wait for Alexander Lamaison's CMake files since they
>> will allow us to create generic VS project files that are not tied to a specific VS
>> and SDK version. For example, I still use VS 2012 for my own projects.
>
> I'm assuming that it will create makefiles, not VS project files, correct?

CMake will create whatever you want: VS 6/7/8/9/10/11, NMakefiles,
Unix Makefiles, Eclipse CDT projects, whatever, all from a single make
file. See [1] for the full list. 32-bit 64-bit, your choice.

The CMake files I'm writing let you pick and choose options, e.g.
with/without zlib, Crypto: OpenSSL/libgcrypt/WinCNG. This means we
only need maintain *one* file, similar to the old config.ac, to
support all platforms, toolchains and permutations.

[1] http://www.cmake.org/cmake/help/v2.8.8/cmake.html#section_Generators

Alex

--
Swish - Easy SFTP for Windows Explorer (http://www.swish-sftp.org)