Subject: Re: libssh2 master 42aefdb configure.ac: Call zlib zlib and not libz in text but keep option names

Re: libssh2 master 42aefdb configure.ac: Call zlib zlib and not libz in text but keep option names

From: Alexander Lamaison <swish_at_lammy.co.uk>
Date: Wed, 18 Sep 2013 19:31:27 +0100

On 18 September 2013 15:47, Daniel Stenberg <daniel_at_haxx.se> wrote:
> On Wed, 18 Sep 2013, Alexander Lamaison wrote:
>
>> Perhaps now is time to consider using CMake to generate files for any
>> build system our users prefer. That would avoid the problems of us each
>> favouring our own build system and not taking the time to roll out changes
>> to the others.
>

> I could be an idea, sure, but my experience with cmake tells that there's
> much less general knowledge and experience with cmake so you get even less
> developers to work on and with it and that can potentially become an issue.
>
> Like personally I'm a total cmake rookie.

I understand your worry but I'm not sure we're in any better position
now. At the moment we are all more-or-less rookies of n-1 out of the
n build systems that libssh2 supports. Why not just make it 1 build
system where we are all rookies and can develop together? As it
happens, CMake is pretty straightforward, at least for any uses I've
put it to in the past.

I should put my money where my mouth is and code this up. Time is not
on my side though.

Alex

--
Swish - Easy SFTP for Windows Explorer (http://www.swish-sftp.org)