Subject: sftp_read/write returning LIBSSH2_ERROR_TIMEOUT

sftp_read/write returning LIBSSH2_ERROR_TIMEOUT

From: Richard W.M. Jones <rjones_at_redhat.com>
Date: Thu, 21 Mar 2013 14:27:20 +0000

Firstly I wrote a patch for qemu which uses libssh2 to access remote
disks. It might be interesting for some people on this list:

  http://www.mail-archive.com/qemu-devel@nongnu.org/msg161996.html
  http://www.mail-archive.com/qemu-devel@nongnu.org/msg161997.html

Now my question: The libssh2_sftp_{read,write} functions sometimes
return LIBSSH2_ERROR_TIMEOUT, maybe 1 time in 5, and apparently at
random.

I don't understand why they do this, and so far I've managed to work
around the "problem" by retrying the operation, and things seem to be
fine. However I don't know if this is the correct thing to do. Any
advice would be helpful.

Rich.

http://libguestfs.org/virt-v2v