Subject: Re: tickets #250, #254, #256 writes -> LIBSSH2_ERROR_BAD_USE ->stuck

Re: tickets #250, #254, #256 writes -> LIBSSH2_ERROR_BAD_USE ->stuck

From: Chris Hecker <checker_at_d6.com>
Date: Tue, 19 Feb 2013 15:51:36 -0800

I am almost certainly not the right person to do this work, since I'm
insanely busy trying to get the beta of my game open, and I only learned
of the existence of libssh2 like 3 days ago (thank you guys for making
it!), and I've only actually called it via Net::SSH2, but from my
surface level understanding, it sure seems like Henrik Nordström's post
in this thread is the only sane way forward:

http://comments.gmane.org/gmane.network.ssh.libssh2.devel/5080

Basically, making libssh2 queue up writes (to a point) and then get
pumped by the app if in nonblocking mode, so that the library can send
any kind of housekeeping packets it wants under the hood without hosing
the app or exposing all of that state back out to the API. This would
give the library API some atomicity, it either accepts the write (and
queues it internally), or it rejects the write wholesale with EAGAIN, in
which case the app is welcome to resubmit it, throw it away, change the
buffer pointer, or whatever it wants.

Does anybody disagree that's the right way forward?

Chris