Subject: unresolved external symbol _libssh2_session_init_ex

unresolved external symbol _libssh2_session_init_ex

From: Dave Colter <dave_at_knudsenengineering.com>
Date: Fri, 08 Feb 2013 15:48:24 -0500

I'm trying to statically link to libssh2 from a C++ program I am
writing. The LIB file builds fine (with some type mismatch warnings),
but when I try to build my program, I get the linker error: error
LNK2019: unresolved external symbol _libssh2_session_init_ex
referenced in function "public: virtual void __thiscall
CSSHSocket::OnConnect(int)" (?OnConnect_at_CSSHSocket@@UAEXH_at_Z).

The only libssh2 call I am making at the moment is: LIBSSH2_SESSION*
pSession = libssh2_session_init();

Some (possibly pertinent) details:
-using Visual Studio 2012; project uses MFC
-compiled libssh2.lib using converted (updated) version of VS project
file in Win32 folder

Thanks in advance.