Subject: Re: Re-authenticate

Re: Re-authenticate

From: Alexander Lamaison <swish_at_lammy.co.uk>
Date: Tue, 19 Jun 2012 22:44:06 +0100

On 19 June 2012 20:30, Casper Langemeijer <casper_at_langemeijer.eu> wrote:
> Hi All,
>
> I'm trying to get the number of bugs on the ssh2 php bindings down a bit.
> One of the oldest open bugs is a request for a feature to re-authenticate:
>
> unfortunately it is not possible to re-use a SSH connection for several log
> ins (authentications). This would be *very* useful because it takes ages to
> establish a ssh connection, so one could save a lot of time if it were
> possible to re-login via ssh2_auth_password().
> Btw, the server hangs up if one tries to re-authenticate a second time.

What do you mean by reauthenticate/re-login? One the connection has
been authenticated, that's it; the server won't de-authentication it.
If, on the other hand, the connection breaks then you have no
connection to revive. Starting and authenticating from scratch
becomes the only option.

Alex

--
Swish - Easy SFTP for Windows Explorer (http://www.swish-sftp.org)