Subject: Re: SFTP using libSSH2

Re: SFTP using libSSH2

From: Peter Stuge <peter_at_stuge.se>
Date: Sun, 29 Apr 2012 11:19:33 +0200

Hi Michal,

Michal Lev wrote:
> I need to know which bug\change causing me to succeed to connect to the
> target server, after upgrading the libssh2 version from version 1.1.

Noone can tell you this but you can quite trivially find out
yourself by using git bisect.

Create a script to build libssh2 and your application, and run your
application and return error or success.

Study the git bisect documentation. You will do a git clone of the
libssh2 code repository, and then do something like:

git bisect start RELEASE.1.1 libssh2-1.2.7 -- && \
  git bisect run yourscript

This will then output which of the 499 commits between 1.1 and 1.2.7
has fixed your problem.

> What where the problem in LibSSH2 ver 1.1 ?

There were obviously at least 499 problems fixed in 1.2.7.

> Is it connected to the server type I'm using? Or it something else?

It's silly to believe that anyone can answer you. You just have to
test it. git makes it trivial.

//Peter