Subject: Re: Send custom requests

Re: Send custom requests

From: Daniel Stenberg <daniel_at_haxx.se>
Date: Wed, 14 Mar 2012 00:05:19 +0100 (CET)

On Mon, 12 Mar 2012, Mitchell Hashimoto wrote:

> I'd like to have the option to enable SSH agent forwarding in my app that
> uses libssh2. Based on this RFC[1] it seems simple enough, but it requires
> that a send a couple custom SSH request packets. As far as I know, libssh2
> does not expose a way to send custom request packet types. Would it be okay
> for this to be exposed?

Our "normal" approach has been to add API calls for the special packets we
need so that applications won't need to known and care for SSH related binary
protocol details. Don't you think that would be better suited for this case as
well?

In general I'm not really against a way to send "raw" SSH channel packets I'm
just not sure people really want to use one.

--
  / daniel.haxx.se