Subject: Re: can the agent be freed just after userauth succeeded?

Re: can the agent be freed just after userauth succeeded?

From: Ellié Computing Open Source Program <opensource_at_elliecomputing.com>
Date: Fri, 9 Mar 2012 21:11:01 +0100

>Sent: Friday, March 09, 2012 6:16 PM
>To: libssh2-devel_at_cool.haxx.se
>Subject: Re: can the agent be freed just after userauth succeeded?
>
>Ellié Computing Open Source Program wrote:
>> I am about to add support in libcurl for agent based authentication,
>> I am missing some information. Is there a list of libssh2_agent_ API
>> which might return EAGAIN, or might they all return EAGAIN?
>
>The man pages do not say?
for nearly every function, it is just "Returns 0 if succeeded, or a negative
value for error"
I considered that all but _init and _free could return EAGAIN, it was not
too hard to implement that way. From the code in agent.c I realize some are
always instant and some are indeed blocking, but at least my code will be OK
if it changes.

>> Once libssh2_agent_userauth succeeded or failed on the last
>> identity, can I immediately get rid of it with
>> libssh2_agent_disconnect/free sequence? or do I need to wait for
>> the end of the channel as in the sample.
>
>If you do not want to forward the agent connection then you should be
>able to close it.
uh, I must admit I just don't know what is forwarding an agent connection,
so I believe I can close it :-)

Armel