Subject: Re: SFTP issues

Re: SFTP issues

From: Daniel Stenberg <daniel_at_haxx.se>
Date: Tue, 7 Feb 2012 14:32:40 +0100 (CET)

On Sun, 5 Feb 2012, Daniel Stenberg wrote:

>> I think I've identified a pattern to the failures and a potential cause. If
>> you find a moment to chat on IRC I could use some help with a couple of
>> questions.

If there are others interested in this work, me and Alexander had a go at his
problem yesterday and together we managed to identify the problem and come up
with a fix for it. The attached 0001*patch is that fix.

I identified the same basic flaw in the sftp_write() code path and wrote up a
patch for that as well, as can be seen in the attached 0002*patch.

I'm interested in feedback on both how they work in reality but also on the
actual technical subtleties.

I am especially aware that this logic needs better comments/documentation to
make us less likely to re-introduce similar problems again in the future!

--
  / daniel.haxx.se