Subject: Re: A release

Re: A release

From: Daniel Stenberg <daniel_at_haxx.se>
Date: Wed, 25 Jan 2012 13:10:09 +0100 (CET)

On Tue, 24 Jan 2012, Alexander Lamaison wrote:

> No patches. But a while ago we (you - I was mostly watching) were playing
> around with the way SFTP reconstructed a file from packets that didn't
> necessarily arrive in order. You fixed a major flaw but there was still an
> issue that IIRC could, in theory, leave a gap in a file. Have you looked at
> this at all since? If not, I'm sure it can wait for a future release.

No, I dropped the ball there and unfortunately I haven't picked it up since. I
think we should try to come up with a way to force short packages to get sent
by a server to help us write better code that handles this situation.

But I think we can release anyway as this bug has been present for a while and
doesn't seem to hurt that many people - I'm guessing blindly based on nothing
but lack of bug reports.

--
  / daniel.haxx.se