Subject: Re: PK authentication from memory

Re: PK authentication from memory

From: Daniel Stenberg <daniel_at_haxx.se>
Date: Thu, 19 Jan 2012 09:52:05 +0100 (CET)

On Wed, 18 Jan 2012, Joe Turpin wrote:

> Okay, since I didn't hear from anyone I decided to code something up. I
> exported another function called libssh2_userauth_publickey_frommemory. If
> anyone's interested, here's a patch that should apply cleanly against
> libssh2 1.3.0.
>
> I may have missed some things in my haste, but I tested and it works.
> Comments and criticism are welcome.

Lovely!

My nits:

  o - it would be nicer if you commit your change in your local git and enter
      a proper commit message and then 'git format-patch' and send that here
      as that makes it even simpler for us to merge...

  o - there are C99/C++ comments in there, we aim for C89 portability so they
      need to be fixed - I don't see the point in providing a chunk of
      commented code anyway.

  o - there's no documentation for the new function, please also provide a man
      page for it. You should be able to find lots of inspiration and syntax
      to copy from the already existing ones.

--
  / daniel.haxx.se