Subject: Re: Trac health

Re: Trac health

From: Alexander Lamaison <swish_at_lammy.co.uk>
Date: Wed, 23 Nov 2011 00:53:45 +0000

On 22 November 2011 22:30, Peter Stuge <peter_at_stuge.se> wrote:
> Alexander Lamaison wrote:
>> Is something up with our Trac? It's slow as treacle.
>
> It does run on a slightly old machine (I have other machines, but
> it's not so easy to move it) but I've spent a bit of time
> investigating Trac+Git performance for another Trac instance on the
> same machine, and it seems that Trac hits really hard on the
> repositories for every request.

I doubt this is the problem. It's been running fine till today.
It probably not a coincidence that today someone started spamming the
hell out of us. I've had to reject 25 bug reports already today!

> I also don't know exactly how many requests it is handling per
> time unit. I guess I should try to set some monitoring up. Ideas
> welcome!

Trac provides access logs if you enable it. Would be interesting to
know what is being requested.

Alex