Subject: RE: Libssh2 usage from cURL with various buffer sizes.

RE: Libssh2 usage from cURL with various buffer sizes.

From: Daniel Stenberg <daniel_at_haxx.se>
Date: Fri, 18 Nov 2011 15:34:53 +0100 (CET)

On Fri, 18 Nov 2011, Patrik Thunström wrote:

> Running through the test suite showed a issue when running a 16k buffer
> against the OpenSSH server however. When doing the 1000 x 20kB file set
> twice in a row, the process just stalls in sftp_readdir, which is done
> before starting transfer to determine all files to download.

If you can write up a recipe for that we can use, it'd be great!

> So, it's a clear improvement, but instead other issues have surfaced. Not
> sure how related they could be to the improvements made.

I don't think it is a too interesting question either. The code in git is the
best we have, and if there are bugs we should fix them...

> Also, slowdown over multiple files is still noticeable when running it with
> a larger buffer. This is however a lot less of an issue, as it can always be
> worked around by reinitializing the connection to the server.

If you can write up a test recipe for this case, perhaps someone more than you
can have a look at the details to try to see what the reason for this is.

--
  / daniel.haxx.se