Subject: Re: Problem with known_hosts

Re: Problem with known_hosts

From: Pierre-Yves Fontaniere <pyf_at_cc.in2p3.fr>
Date: Wed, 02 Mar 2011 13:17:00 +0100

On 03/02/2011 10:48 AM, Alexander Lamaison wrote:
>> I'm using libssh2 1.2.7 on AIX 6.1 / 5.3
>>
>> Is it a bug or am i doing something wrong ?
>>
> It's a bug. There are two possible solutions.
>
> The rougher, easier fix would be to modify libssh2 so that it can
> process an arbitrary number of comma-separated aliases and creates a
> new entry for each one.
>
> The much nicer fix would be to modify the knownhost handling so that
> it explicitly supports alias lists and doesn't split them into
> separate entries. This means libssh2 could read in and write out any
> known_hosts file and there should be no difference between the before
> and after.
>
> Unfortunately, I'm snowed under with work and don't have time to look
> at this. Patches welcome :)

I'm already working on a patch :) , but if I try to follow the
description i found here :
http://www.openbsd.org/cgi-bin/man.cgi?query=sshd&sektion=8
Wild cards, revoked keys ... I think it will take years before seeing it. :)

From what I see, it would require a complete overhaul of the
libssh2_knownhost_readline function... And i dislike having to rewrite a
big portion of code just to make a patch.

Anyway, I hope I could provide a patch soon.

Pierre-yves