Subject: Re: Regression: Unable to send FXP_CLOSE command

Re: Regression: Unable to send FXP_CLOSE command

From: Daniel Stenberg <daniel_at_haxx.se>
Date: Thu, 30 Dec 2010 16:50:25 +0100 (CET)

On Tue, 28 Dec 2010, Mark Riordan wrote:

> The latest libssh2 often returns the error
> "Unable to send FXP_CLOSE command"
> from libssh2_sftp_close(sftp_handle) when it's called after a download.
> This is because in sftp_close_handle, after this line:
>
> rc = _libssh2_channel_write(channel, 0, handle->close_packet,
> packet_len);
>
> the code sees that rc is greater than packet_len.

Is rc really greater than packet_len and not just "different than" ?

> I have been able to reproduce it with limited tracing

Can you show us a little example code that can reproduce it?

> Should I log a bug in Trac, even though the problem doesn't occur in the
> released version?

Please do, I like having the issues there so that we don't accidentally drop
any. The fact that the problem hasn't been found in a released version doesn't
change that I think.

--
  / daniel.haxx.se