Subject: Re: libssh2 pubkey authentication with private key only

Re: libssh2 pubkey authentication with private key only

From: Daniel Stenberg <daniel_at_haxx.se>
Date: Thu, 16 Dec 2010 00:16:09 +0100 (CET)

On Wed, 15 Dec 2010, Mark Riordan wrote:

> Is there a way in libssh2 to derive the public key from the private key, or
> otherwise make it unnecessary for the user to have the public key file?
> I've been reading the doc (and the code a bit) and haven't figured one out
> yet.

Are you looking for Mark Smith's patch perhaps?

   http://www.libssh2.org/mail/libssh2-devel-archive-2010-12/0009.shtml

We've been discussing on IRC recently how to proceed with this due to the
missing gcrypt support, but I think I'm in favour of adding this feature for
openssl-builds as a start even if nobody steps up to do the gcrypt side of it
just yet.

--
  / daniel.haxx.se