Subject: Re: libssh2_sftp_write now hangs eventually

Re: libssh2_sftp_write now hangs eventually

From: Mark Riordan <mriordan_at_ipswitch.com>
Date: Wed, 10 Nov 2010 12:38:32 -0600

Daniel:
> A clue?

>>Lound and clear, thanks! I've now pushed two additional fixes
..
>>Please pull these two commits and see what happens!

Alas, it still hangs the same way.

I did a Wireshark trace and noticed a very large number of
full-sized outbound packets before it hung, even though the program
thought it had sent only 12000 bytes before it hung.
Of course, the SSH Wireshark trace is encrypted, and unlike with SSL,
there's no Wireshark plug-in to decrypt it.
So I looked a bit further by running mitm-ssh (Man in the Middle SSH),
which decrypts the SSH stream.
It turned out the Windows client was sending the same data over and over.

I put some logs and an explanation here:

http://60bits.net/sni/20101110.zip

Mark