Subject: Re: Debugging SCP failure: "Timed out waiting for SCP response"

Re: Debugging SCP failure: "Timed out waiting for SCP response"

From: Tim Martin <timm_at_africonnect.co.zm>
Date: Mon, 11 Oct 2010 15:19:48 +0200 (CAT)

----- "Daniel Stenberg" <daniel_at_haxx.se> wrote:

> On Mon, 11 Oct 2010, Tim Martin wrote:
>
> > The call that is triggering the error is the one on line 385, and
> the return
> > code from _libssh2_channel_read() is zero. I'll do a little more
> digging
> > myself to see if I can trace any further what's happening
> immediately before
> > this, but I don't konw if this makes any sense on its own?
>
> I was just reading that code and returning error due to 0 there is a
> bug. It
> just means that _libssh2_channel_read() didn't return any payload data
> in that
> call.
>
> Try changing the error codition to (rc < 0 and add a
>
> else if(rc == 0)
> continue;
>
> ... and see if that makes anything different. I think that's more
> appropriate
> and I'm working in my end to try out such a modfication.

If I do that, I get what looks like an infinite loop (I gave up after 60 seconds).

All I've been able to figure out so far is that within _libssh2_channel_read it gets a NULL pointer from the call to _libssh2_list_first on line ~1708. Changing the condition as described above just causes it to hit that line again and again, getting NULL each time. I'm assuming it's to do with the call to _libssh2_transport_read() above not getting any data.

Tim