Subject: Disabling compression by API?

Disabling compression by API?

From: Daniel Stenberg <daniel_at_haxx.se>
Date: Fri, 8 Oct 2010 17:06:44 +0200 (CEST)

Hi friends.

It came to my attention that we don't enable compression properly. I forced my
local sshd to do compression but my test app still didn't do compression until
I changed the order of the algorithms in src/comp.c. (commit and push coming
up in a second)

Of course this makes me think many users of libssh2 might not use compression
as well even though they may benefit from it. It also made me think about
having a way in the API to make it preferred or not. After all, compression
does take a little time and CPU and for the cases where no compression is to
expect an application might want to not do compression.

Any thoughts on this?

--
  / daniel.haxx.se