Subject: Beginner question on example code

Beginner question on example code

From: Jacob Rhoden <jacob_at_uptecs.com>
Date: Fri, 24 Sep 2010 08:36:15 +1000

Hi Guys,

Let me know if this is not the right place to ask. I have downloaded libssh2 onto my OS/X 10.6 box. it compiles, and the test runs fine.

When I compile and link the ssh2_exec.c example, and try the example, I get "Authentication by password failed", the "libssh2_userauth_password" method is returning LIBSSH2_ERROR_AUTHENTICATION_FAILED

Can anyone help me understand why this might happen. Yes my username/password is correct. The documentation does lead me to believe the only reason this error could occur would be due to an incorrect username and/or password:

    http://www.libssh2.org/libssh2_userauth_password_ex.html

The example code does also report:
    "Host check: 2, key: <none>"

However I don't care about host key checking at this point.

Thanks,
Jacob

"A midnight knock on the door, followed by midnight execution is no way that the Australian prime minister should be treated." -- Tony Abbott