Subject: Re: Editor modes using libssh2

Re: Editor modes using libssh2

From: Dan Fandrich <dan_at_coneharvesters.com>
Date: Fri, 10 Sep 2010 00:19:13 -0700

On Fri, Sep 10, 2010 at 12:10:34PM +0530, Paresh Thakor wrote:
> Nowadays, I was somewhat busy around our SSH application and it's in
> good condition right now. I am now trying to put navigation keys for the
> keyboard. In VI when we use navigation keys, up, down, left and right, the
> cursor moves correspondingly. I have tried to put the encoded characters
> for this. But i'm not getting proper input from CHANNEL, the cursor is
> not moving upward, downward, etc. Could anyone suggest me what should I
> do to implement such functionality? up, down, keys are working perfectly
> for history, but not working in VI editor mode. But if libssh2 has any
> function, we can come to know that right now channels is in editor mode,
> etc? It would be great. May anyone has solution for this and suggest me
> something valuable.

I don't know anything about how your application interacts with a terminal
emulator. But if it allows logging into a *nix system, the remote system
likely uses the TERM environment variable to determine what terminal
emulator is running on the client side. You should send that variable across
to the server when logging in, then make sure that the characters sent for
the various cursor movement keys match what's expected for that terminal
type.

>>> Dan