Subject: Re: SFTP and libssh

Re: SFTP and libssh

From: Paul Romero <paulr_at_rcom-software.com>
Date: Sat, 10 Jul 2010 11:37:19 -0700

Hi Peter:

I looked at the examples and they are quite good. Also,
I performed some experiments and concluded libssh2
is well suited to my application.

I suppose the size of the library can be reduced by
disabling libz compression. I noticed PIC in the
configuration options. What is it and is it important ?

Finally, any hints about how to minimize the library
size would be appreciated.

Best Regards,

Paul R.

Peter Stuge wrote:

> Paul Romero wrote:
> > I would like your opinion about using libssh2 for non-blocking
> > SFTP file transfers.
>
> It will work just fine.
>
> > I am able to do this fairly well with libcurl but I suspect it
> > uses more memory and resources than libssh2 because it is
> > designed for more sophisticated tasks. Do you think using libssh2
> > would work without too much difficulty ?
>
> Did you already have a look at some of the many SFTP examples
> included with libssh2?

> //Peter

Paul Romero
RCOM Communications Software