Subject: Re: libssh2: Ported to UC Linux ?

Re: libssh2: Ported to UC Linux ?

From: Simon Josefsson <simon_at_josefsson.org>
Date: Sun, 04 Jul 2010 16:49:06 +0200

Paul Romero <paulr_at_rcom-software.com> writes:

> Hi Simon:
>
> Thank you for answering my questions so thoroughly, and I complement
> you on the clarity of the UC Linux porting menus on your website.
> What versions of libgcrypt and the the standard GSASL libraries
> do you consider most stable ? I am particularly curious about
> libgnutls and those parts related to TLS.

The safest bet (both for libssh2 and generally) is to use libgpg-error
1.8 (you may need to provide --enable-static since they disabled it by
default) and libgcrypt 1.4.5. GnuTLS 2.8.6 is stable, as is GNU SASL
1.4.4. If you need recent TLS renego stuff, you may want to try just
released GnuTLS 2.10.0 but I wouldn't label it stable at this point.

/Simon