Subject: Re: libssh2: Ported to UC Linux ?

Re: libssh2: Ported to UC Linux ?

From: Paul Romero <paulr_at_rcom-software.com>
Date: Sun, 04 Jul 2010 07:39:31 -0700

Hi Simon:

Thank you for answering my questions so thoroughly, and I complement
you on the clarity of the UC Linux porting menus on your website.
What versions of libgcrypt and the the standard GSASL libraries
do you consider most stable ? I am particularly curious about
libgnutls and those parts related to TLS.

Best Regards,

Paul R.

Simon Josefsson wrote:

> Paul, what Peter and Daniel has said so far should have answered all
> your questions, but let me add some more things for clarity.
>
> Libssh2 has not been ported to uClinux in the sense that libssh2
> provides the integration glue to make it part of a normal uClinux build
> environment (i.e., make menuconfig + dep + all). Doing so should be
> relatively easy, and as you know I have posted recipes on this available
> from http://josefsson.org/uclinux/ for a bunch of projects already, and
> it should be very easy to adapt for example the gnutls or gsasl recipes
> (which depends on libgpg-error + libgcrypt, like libssh2 does) for
> libssh2 as well.
>
> Fortunately, libssh2 does not require anything more than what GNU SASL
> or GnuTLS requires from Libgcrypt: SSH2 uses standard crypto algorithms
> like MD5, SHA1, HMAC, AES, RSA and DSA.
>
> /Simon

Paul Romero
RCOM Communications Software