Subject: help in understanding _direct_tcpip_ex()

help in understanding _direct_tcpip_ex()

From: Dor Zaidenberg <hannibal218_at_gmail.com>
Date: Thu, 1 Jul 2010 14:55:01 +0300

Dear all.

I am trying to use libssh2_channel_direct_tcpip_ex in order to establish a
tunnel between the localmachine and a server. To this end I am working with
the direct_tcpip exmaple (both local machine and remote server use linux)

I figured this is going to be very simple.
What I tried is :
./direct_tcpip <server_ip> <user> <pwd> 127.0.0.1 80 localhost 20000
I hoped this will tunnel the my local machine's port 80 to the remote host
at port 20000.
Then at the remote server I will type :
curl http://localhost:20000/test.php and it will be as if I connected to the
local machine.

Unfortionatly I got an error message (which is related to the 127.0.0.1 80)
saying "bind : address already in use"

I take it that this is because the apache server on my local machine listens
to port 80, but isn't that the point of tunneling?

I am sure that I am missing something very basic (and stupid) in this, can
someone show me the light ?

my end goal is not to tunnel port 80, but to tunnel port 554 which is used
for rtsp protocol but its easy to test with port 80

--
Live Long And Prosper
Dor Zaidenberg