Subject: Remote Terminal with iPhone SDK

Remote Terminal with iPhone SDK

From: Paresh Thakor <paresh.thakor_at_moontechnolabs.com>
Date: Mon, 28 Jun 2010 15:36:09 +0530

Hi,

Here, I'm new to Libssh2 and trying to implement Libssh2 iPhone library with one of my application. I've done alot research on libssh2.., which resulted me a good iPhone app with common features which can be handled by terminal.

I've used UITextView for displaying commands and inputting commands for processing. Everything is being displayed in UITextView. This is the simple application i'm trying to create, don't know what to use for command output and input as i'm also somewhat intermediate in iPhone apps.

I'm trying to create iPhone app looks similar to Terminal or command prompt for remote computer... But i'm stuck due to some of the problems, like, some features are not being enabled in my simple look-alike terminal. E.g. VI, emacs, etc. Means my terminal only runs simple commands but no commands like above i specified.

I think i might be doing something wrong from the beginning, might be. Can anyone suggest me any sort of idea, how to prepare terminal application using Libssh2..? And please also suggest that do i need to handle the command output manually? i.e. pasring data for colored output, etc..! I'm really too much confused.

Please leas me to the proper way.
libssh2_channel_x11_req() ... returns -1 always, i also don't know how to use that. I thought it might bring me real terminal.

Regards.