Subject: RE: Does libssh2 support normal FTP transfer and IPV6 ?

RE: Does libssh2 support normal FTP transfer and IPV6 ?

From: CHEN Xiaolei A <Xiaolei.a.Chen_at_alcatel-sbell.com.cn>
Date: Mon, 21 Jun 2010 16:32:46 +0800

Thanks, peter, qiang and jussi.

-----Original Message-----
From: libssh2-devel-bounces_at_cool.haxx.se [mailto:libssh2-devel-bounces_at_cool.haxx.se] On Behalf Of Peter Stuge
Sent: 2010Äê6ÔÂ21ÈÕ 15:54
To: libssh2-devel_at_cool.haxx.se

CHEN Xiaolei A wrote:
> In my program, SFTP/FTP and IPV6/IPV4 should be supported at the same
> time. Lucky to find this library, and I want to know:
>
> (1) Does libssh2 support normal ftp file transfer? (using
> username and password)

No. libssh2 is an SSH library, not a file transfer library. There is support for SFTP in libssh2, since that protocol is quite closely related to SSH, but there is not support for FTP.

> (2) Does libssh2 support IPV6?

Yes. The application must create the connection, not libssh2. The app gives libssh2 an already-connected socket, so libssh2 does not care if it is v4 or v6.

//Peter