Subject: Re: sftp error - LIBSSH2_ERROR_SFTP_PROTOCOL

Re: sftp error - LIBSSH2_ERROR_SFTP_PROTOCOL

From: Alexander Lamaison <swish_at_lammy.co.uk>
Date: Thu, 6 May 2010 12:24:01 +0100

On 6 May 2010 06:22, Phillip Wu <phillipewu_at_yahoo.com.au> wrote:
> Two questions please:
> 1) Is it true to say that LIBSSH2_ERROR_SFTP_PROTOCOL is not really an error
> as such and I should always call
> libssh2_sftp_last_error when ever I get  LIBSSH2_ERROR_SFTP_PROTOCOL ?

Yes.

> 2) Where can I get a table of the codes returned by libssh2_sftp_last_error
> and their meanings?

As Xu Qiang pointed out, you can find the list of error codes in
libssh2.h. Their meaning, however, is not so clear cut. The only
definitive way to determine this is to read the code yourself. The
man pages and code comments tend to be incomplete regarding possible
errors for each function.

Alex