Subject: Re: [patch] use poll when available on blocking API

Re: [patch] use poll when available on blocking API

From: Simon Josefsson <simon_at_josefsson.org>
Date: Tue, 23 Mar 2010 22:35:49 +0100

Daniel Stenberg <daniel_at_haxx.se> writes:

> BTW
> http://lists.apple.com/archives/Darwin-userlevel/2009/Dec/msg00004.html
> seems to indicate that Mac OS X still has a broken poll as of 10.5.8
> which I believe is rather recent.

Hm, as far as I can tell, Daniel Mack says that poll ignores the timeout
argument? His bug reports are not publicly visible, or at least I
cannot figure out how to view them without logging in.

O well, anyway, I don't care particulary about Mac OS X, so I don't care
what we do here, and instead I expect that Mac OS X people will send us
bug reports and hopefully patches eventually.

/Simon