Subject: Re: libssh2 takes long time to connect to CoreFTP's SFTP service

Re: libssh2 takes long time to connect to CoreFTP's SFTP service

From: Peter Stuge <peter_at_stuge.se>
Date: Wed, 17 Feb 2010 11:03:47 +0100

Hello,

Xu, Qiang (FXSGSC) wrote:
> qxu_at_durian(pts/3):~/opensrc/libssh2-1.2/example/simple[151]$ ./sftpdir 13.xxx.xxx.xxx <user> <pass> /

Please note that version 1.2 is very old now, and several serious
problems have been fixed in later versions. I strongly recommend
upgrading to the latest version, which is 1.2.4.

> -rw-rw-rw 1 root root 14904 Jan 12 08:51 001AA0609728.pdf
> /* everything above this line appears very quickly, but the
> following "all done" takes more than 10 mins to show */
> all done

Strange issue!

> Is this a known issue?

No.

> Can anyone download a CoreFTP server and do a local testing to see
> the problem?

I don't have a Windows system, and I think it is more appropriate for
you to instead supply debug logs to those you ask for help.

Please upgrade to libssh2-1.2.4 and repeat the test with full
debugging enabled. Use libssh2_trace(~0); Note that this only has an
effect when the library is built with debug support enabled, which
may not be the case if you install a package that someone else has
built. It would be best if you built your own version of the library,
to make sure that debugging is enabled, and to be able to test any
changes that we suggest in order to fix the problem.

> Just want to mention that libssh2 connects fast to SFTP service
> provided by OpenSSH (http://sshwindows.sourceforge.net/). So is it
> possibly a server's issue? Not likely, because FileZilla can
> connect to CoreFTP's SFTP server quickly.

It seems that the problem happens during disconnect rather than
during connect. It could also be interesting to test the SFTP client
from PuTTY which is called PSFTP.exe. In any case this long delay is
a problem and we should at least investigate why it happens and of
course fix it if we can.

Please upgrade and send debug log. Thanks!

//Peter