Subject: Re: Warnings during building

Re: Warnings during building

From: Daniel Stenberg <daniel_at_haxx.se>
Date: Mon, 14 Dec 2009 13:08:27 +0100 (CET)

On Mon, 14 Dec 2009, Simon Josefsson wrote:

> (void) enc;
>
> And of course there are GCC attributes too. How do people feel about adding
> the above way to resolve unused parameter warnings? I don't really like it
> (it is a hack), and it isn't guaranteed to work in general, but it does
> appear to solve the problem right now.

While perhaps not guaranteed, we use that approach in libcurl and I'm not
aware of any existing compiler that doesn't support it...

To do it _really_ portable, I figure we should use a macro as UNUSED(enc) and
then we let preprocessor magic decide the best way for the particular compiler
used.

--
  / daniel.haxx.se